- 1 large (or two small) butternut squash
- 1-1.5 onions
- Olive oil
- Garlic Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth (bone broth is super delish!)
- 1 cup heavy cream or 1 can coconut milk
- Garlic cloves (measure with your heart)
- Halve and cube butternut squash, scooping out and discarding the seeds
- Cut onions into slices
- Smash whole garlic gloves
- Place squash, onion, and garlic on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, garlic salt, and pepper.
- Toss veggies until even coated and bake at 425° for 50 minutes, tossing veggies about halfway through for even caramelization.￼
- Once cooked, place roasted veggies in a soup pot with your broth of choice and simmer.
- Use immersion blender to blend the soup into a smooth consistency. (If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can blend in a standard blender in batches)
- Stir in heavy cream or coconut milk.
- Taste and add more salt/pepper if needed.
- Top with croutons and enjoy!
- I prefer chicken bone broth and cream, while my husband prefers veggie stock and coconut milk. It’s worth trying both ways!
- THIS crouton recipe is amaze-balls, but it’s also good with a sourdough loaf for dipping.
- I prefer making a double batch, and think the recipe is better with more onion
- I use roughly 5-6 garlic cloves, but you do you baby. Don’t let ANYONE tell you how much garlic to use in a recipe. You measure that shit with your heart.
- If pictures help you, check them out below 👇🏼
That’s all, have a blessed day, and happy cooking!